SkyCircuits, and parent company Callen-Lenz, are always looking for flexible individuals. Our latest range of autopilots are currently being developed from the ground up and new functionality is constantly being added and tested in a demanding environment including simulation as well as real flying. We make full use of the RUST programming language in a real time safety critical environment and we are always interested in exceptional people who understand the concepts employed in bringing to market such critical software.
We test, we model, we document, we program, we simulate and we fly, not always in that order! We work to an Agile development methodology including hardware in the loop of the continuous integration lifecycle.
Whilst we may not always have specific roles to fill, at the moment we are expanding and perhaps you have the talent to become part of our team with an ability to work in the Salisbury area of the UK and with a willingness to get directly involved in UAS operations. Contact us for more information.
Real Time Embedded Software Engineer
Vacancy Reference: 2018/CL-104
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK
Salary Range: Competitive package dependent on experience
SkyCircuits is a subsidiary of Callen-Lenz specialising in manned and unmanned aircraft operations and technology. We develop, design and manufacture advanced avionics systems including autopilot and ground station systems for unmanned aircraft. Our business is rapidly expanding in exciting and technically challenging areas of aviation. As a Real Time Embedded Software Engineer you will be joining the team to develop and verify flight control software.
Based in the heart of rural Wiltshire but within easy access to the city of Salisbury, we are offering a competitive salary, excellent pension scheme, employee benefits package, a technical challenge and an opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly growing sector of aviation.
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
By submitting your details you are consenting to us securely holding your personal data for at least four months. If you would like your details removed from our system before this time please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A BSc or Masters Honours degree in an Engineering or Science subject.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrable knowledge of software engineering
- Embedded software development in the C programming language
- Understanding of Real Time and Embedded software engineering practices
- Knowledge of the Rust programming language
- Knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of DO-178C
- Model-based design using Simulink
- General interest in aviation
- Good communicator
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail and continuous test and evaluation at all stages of programming
- Enthusiasm for your work and self-motivated
- Must have an existing right to work in the UK