SkyCircuits, and parent company Callen-Lenz, are always looking for flexible individuals. Our latest range of autopilots are currently being developed from the ground up and new functionality is constantly being added and tested in a demanding environment including simulation as well as real flying. We make full use of the RUST programming language in a real time safety critical environment and we are always interested in exceptional people who understand the concepts employed in bringing to market such critical software.
We test, we model, we document, we program, we simulate and we fly, not always in that order! We work to an Agile development methodology including hardware in the loop of the continuous integration lifecycle.
Whilst we may not always have specific roles to fill, at the moment we are expanding and perhaps you have the talent to become part of our team with an ability to work in the Salisbury area of the UK and with a willingness to get directly involved in UAS operations. Contact us for more information.
Principal Software Engineer (Safety Critical)
Vacancy Reference: 2018/CL-108
Location: Bristol/Bath, UK
Salary Range: Competitive
SkyCircuits is a subsidiary of Callen-Lenz specialising in manned and unmanned aircraft operations and technology. Our business is rapidly expanding in exciting and technically challenging areas of aviation. As a Principal Software Engineer you will be joining the team to participate in the development of flight control software for a personal air vehicle.
This position will be based in a satellite office in the Bristol/Bath area and offers a competitive salary, excellent pension scheme, employee benefits package, a technical challenge and an opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly growing sector of aviation.
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your details you are consenting to us securely holding your personal data for at least four months. If you would like your details removed from our system before this time please email email@example.com
A BSc or Masters Honours degree in an Engineering or Science subject
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrable knowledge of software engineering
- Understanding of real time and embedded software engineering practices
- Ability to write clear, unambiguous and verifiable requirements
- Experience of developing flight control systems or UAS autopilots
- Experience of applying DO-178B or DO-178C Level A
- Model-based development using Simulink
- Embedded software development in the C programming language
- General interest in aviation
- Must have an existing right to work in the UK
- Good communicator
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail and continuous test and evaluation at all stages of programming
- Enthusiasm for their work and self-motivated