SkyCircuits, and parent company Callen-Lenz, are looking for a flexible individuals willing to join our small and dedicated team and assist in developing our autopilots and related products and services. You should be able to work in the Salisbury area of the UK and be willing to get directly involved in UAS operations.
Unmanned Aircraft Pilot and Engineer
Vacancy Reference: 2017/CL-101 – No Agencies Please
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK
Salary Range: £18k – £35k per annum
Callen-Lenz specialises in manned and unmanned aircraft operations and technology. Our business is rapidly expanding in one of the most exciting and technically challenging areas of aerospace: that of unmanned aviation.
As an Unmanned Aircraft Pilot & Engineer you will be reporting to the Head of Flight Operations. This exciting role will place the right candidate at the forefront of unmanned air systems (drone) development in the UK. We seek an experienced and competent radio control or drone pilot with both fixed wing and VTOL flying skills and the technical skills to support development engineering on company unmanned systems. You will join our friendly team of software, aerospace and electronics engineers, aviation specialists and support staff in a small but rapidly growing company leading the way in this exciting field.
Based in the heart of rural Wiltshire but within easy access of the beautiful city of Salisbury, we are offering a competitive salary and pension scheme, an employee benefits package and an opportunity to be at the forefront of this rapidly growing sector of aviation.
Please submit covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest date for CV submission: TBA (unless position previously filled)
Must possess excellent RC flying skills on both fixed wing and VTOL systems and hold, or be capable of, achieving BMFA A or B certificate or other recognised national qualification.
- RC flying skills on both fixed wing and VTOL systems
- Construction and maintenance of model aircraft or unmanned aircraft
- Understanding of radio control and autopilot control technologies
- IT Literate
- Understanding of drone legislation as applied in the UK
- An interest in robotics or autonomy
- An interest in computers
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping technologies such as 3D printing and laser cutting
- Must have an existing Right to Work in the UK
- Ability to live near and work in Salisbury, Wiltshire UK
- Ability to commit to occasional national and international travel